Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Cool: 20-25 Minutes
Ready In: 60-65 minutes
Servings: Depends on how greedy you want to be 😉
Mouth watering, decadent chocolate cake, oh my!
Even writing out this recipe has my mouth watering for the insanely decadent cake! I try not to make it to often as both my family and I are likely to skip dinner and gorge on this amazing dessert. I can’t stress enough how dangerously delicious this thing is. Trying to decide what a proper portion size is with this cake is quite difficult as the lines get blurred once you start cutting into it.
Make sure to top this with our Nutella Buttercream Frosting!!
- ⅓ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp room temperature butter
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- ¾ cup water
- Preheat induction cooktop to 350°
- Grease 10″ skillet with butter, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, grease with more butter and dust lightly with flour.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Pour hot water over top, then let sit for 1 minute, then whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In stand mixer or another bowl, beat together butter and light brown sugar until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla beating until combined and smooth.
- Turn mixer or beater to low and pour in melted chocolate mixture slowly until completely incorporated.
- In alternating portions, beginning and ending with flour, add the flour mixture and buttermilk. Stirring until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert onto a wire rack to finish cooling before frosting.
- Frost with Nutella Buttercream Frosting!
Prepare for your eyes to roll into the back of your head and your taste buds to explode!!