Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Ready In: 35 minutes
Fettuccini Carbonara is A Great Italian Meal You Can Cook at Home
Sure you could go out to a restaurant and get this delicious Fettuccini Carbonara or you could make it at home and mix in whatever meat and vegetables you want without getting hit with an extra charge. It’s easy to prepare and be ready for you and your family or guests in no time. It may be so good that you have to make double as everyone will be craving seconds!
But What Else Can I Throw In?
This meal is great on it’s own, but you can mix in some chicken and shrimp, toss on some steak or mix in some onions, peppers and mushrooms. What you decide to put on it is really up to your imagination as this is good with pretty much anything, and trust me, we’ve mixed this up over the years and have yet to be disappointed. We love to throw in sweet peas.
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccini pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 pound bacon, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 shallots, diced
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat on your induction cooktop. Saute the shallots until softened then stir in onion and bacon; cooking until the bacon is evenly browned, stirring in garlic when bacon is about half done. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Then add in pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until Al dente. Drain pasta, then return it to the pot.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, shredded Parmesan and cream then pour the bacon mixture over the pasta, stirring in the cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Seriously, this Fettuccini Carbonara is so good you’ll want seconds and need to find a place to park your but for a while as you won’t want to move, but have loved every bite!