Prep: 7 minutes
Ready In: 7 minutes
Servings: Depends on whether you put this on your Decadent Chocolate Cake in a Skillet, cupcakes or eat it straight out of the bowl 😉
This Nutella Buttercream Frosting is not for the faint of heart!
Seriously, this stuff is so addictive on it’s own that it may never make it onto anything once you taste test it, as it takes someone with strong willpower to not just eat through the bowl. Or a family with spoons in hand just scooping through it.
Do yourself a favor, don’t count calories on this little endeavor. As far as you’re concerned, you’re just celebrating….something, and calories don’t count when you’re eating celebratory desserts! 🙂
- 13 oz of Nutella
- 1 lb (4 sticks) unsalted butter (room temp.)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2¾ cup powdered sugar
- Place the Nutella and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a bowl using an electric mixer .
- Beat on medium-high for 3 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar ¼ cup at a time.
- Add vanilla once all the powdered sugar has been incorporated.
- Beat on medium for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low for 1 minute as this helps to smooth the icing and release any air bubbles.
- Welcome to Heaven!
In a confession, this stuff will definitely trigger your sweet tooth into overdrive. My family loves Nutella and with how we drooled after this, sneaking scoops of it between meals, during meals, after meals, for breakfast…it was outlawed in our house for a while. The first time I made a batch it lasted less than 24 hours, never made it onto the cake and was seriously eaten as described above. This thing is so heavenly it’s a sin!